Authentic Mexican Spanish Rice Recipes
Mexican Rice Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (or brown rice)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (recommend Rotel)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a large, deep, frying pan add the oil and warm it over medium heat. Saute the garlic, jalapeno pepper, onion, and bell pepper 3 minutes. Add the rice and continue to saute until the rice and onions are translucent.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Enjoy the rice ! Nice !